Re: William E Atkinson

Just joined this group. I've been trying to find information about my grandmother Jennie Atkinson - just today I came to the same conclusion - Rufus and Margaret were busy in 1876! I find Canadian birth records for Everett but nothing for Jennie? Maybe she was adopted by Rufus and Margaret? I did find a record of birth for a Elena May Stonehouse - she was born to a ?amelia Stonehouse. The birth records indicate she was 'illegitimate' - maybe the Atklinson's adopted and raised her??? Are there adoption records available in Cumberland County.