[nscumber] Obit: CHAPMAN, Sheldon Wayne

SHELDON WAYNE CHAPMAN

06-Nov-1942 - 27-Sep-2020

Obituary Overview

In Loving Memory of Sheldon

The family of Sheldon Wayne Chapman age 77 of Warren are saddened to announce
his passing on Sunday, September 27, 2020 at the Colchester East Hants Health
Centre, Truro.

Born in Truemanville, he was the son of the late William and Hilda Chapman.

Sheldon spent 30years as a Correctional Officer with Dorchester
Penitentiary. After retiring he spent many years as a pilot escort driver for
oversized loads. He also hauled RVs from the Midwest.

He was proud to be a long time Mason with the Masonic Lodge, as well as a
member of the Shrine Club.

Sheldon enjoyed gardening, wood working, landscaping and hands on work around
home.

He treasured spending time at his cottage in Newfoundland and above all he
loved spending time with family and friends.

Sheldon was a great father, grandfather and friend to anyone who knew him.

He will be dearly missed by his wife Susan Sheppard - Chapman; daughter Nadine
Campbell (Ed Cooke), step children Phoebe (Andy) Bartlett and Charles
(Chrissy) Sheppard; grandchildren Shailee and Robin; step grandchildren AJ,
Henry and Lily; great grandchild Gage; brother Raymond (Dorothy); sister in
law, Linda Chapman, special friend/cousin Jeff (Rhonda) Darragh; mother in law
Doris Sheppard, brothers in law Graham (Joanne), Carl (Paula), David (Sherry)
and Sam (Roslyn); sister in law Janice (Tommy); special friends Alexis
(Johanna & Ian) Rodriguez, Gordon (Linda) LeBlanc and Joan (Mike) Fields and
aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins.

He will be missed by his dogs Zack and Bella.

Besides his parents, Sheldon was predeceased by his brother Larry and father
in law Isaac Sheppard.

The family would like to extend a special thanks to the VON and to the
Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre.

Visitation will be held on Tuesday, September 29, 2020 from 6 - 9 pm, a
Masonic Service will be held at 7 pm all held in Campbell's Funeral Home, all
are welcomed.

Funeral Service will be held Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 2 pm, with
Pastor Andrew Swanson officiating, held in Campbell's Funeral Home, 98 Church
St. Amherst.

*Due to COVID-19 restrictions we please ask that you call to reserve your place
for the funeral service only, (902) 667-9906.*

We kindly ask that all COVID 19 guidelines including masks and physical
distancing, be observed while visiting our location.

Donations may be made in Sheldon's memory to the Parkinson's Society or to the
Shriner's.

Condolences and sharing of memories may be shared with the family via:
www.campbellsamherst.ca or by visiting Campbell's Facebook page.

Sheldon Wayne Chapman

The service will be livestreamed and can be viewed by accessing the follow
link, https://distantlink.com/DLM69.html once prompted, please enter
"Arbor2020".

Due to COVID-19 restrictions we please ask that you call to reserve your place
for the funeral service, (902) 667-9906.

We kindly ask that all COVID-19 guidelines including masks and physical
distancing, be observed while visiting our location.

[Collected by DAW, 28 Sep 2020]