Re: Surname Ritchie

Elizabeth

Looking for the name GEORGE W. RITCHIE who was registered in the PEI 1881
census with place of birth,NS. His birth date is given as: 9 June 1854.
Which would put his age at the time of marriage, July 1871 ( primary scource
here) at 17 yrs.

His wife and children are born PEI.
His trade was Cooper at the time of marriage but they later removed to
Charlottetown as merchant.

Taking all this into account I assume he would have been registered in the
1861 census NS some where.

Do you mind me asking where these census CDs are available from etc......?
Is there a NS index Census for all of NS available somewhere for 1861 URLs
or otherwise?

Thank you for responding to my query as well as the others that have given
there input. Now know of at least 2 areas to look.....Cumberland Co.and
Annapolis Co.

Pat.