OXFORD JOURNAL

Hi List:

OBIT - Mrs. JAMES MURDOCK
We have received the following additional information re the late Mrs.
JAMES MURDOCK, whose death was noted in our columns some weeks ago. Mrs
.MURDOCK was in the 55th year of her age and was the youngest daughter
of the late Mr. DONALD MacBAIN, East Earltown, Co.. She leaves to
mourn their loss a devoted husband, 5 sisters, one brother, viz; Mr.
ANGUS MacBAIN, East Earltown,
Mrs. AMOS LANGILLE, River John,
Mrs .DAVID MUNRO, Hedgeville, Pictou Co,
Mrs. ALEX SUTHERLAND, Oxford, Cumb Co,
Mrs. CHARLES PENNY, Boston, Mass and
Mrs .JOSEPH ROBERT, Bayhead, --Pictou Advocate.

WALTER EMBREE of Hamilton, Ontario is spending his vacation with his
mother, Mrs. BARRY EMBREE, South Oxford.

RUSSEL FRASER formerly of Cumb Co who went West some years ago and has
settled at Huxley, Sask, is now visiting friends in Oxford and
vicinity. It is understood that Mr FRASER has prospered during his
sojourn in the West.

WEDDING BELLS - MANNING - DeWITT
Halifax - Feb 6
At 2 o'clock this afternoon the Baptist Church at Wolfville was the
scene of a wedding of exception interest socially, the principals in the
ceremony being 2 young people who are member of families long prominent
in the town and county - NELLIE, daughter of Dr. GEORGE E. E. DeWITT,
one of the best known medical
practitioners in Kings and Mrs. DeWITT, and WILEY M. MANNING, barrister
of Amherst, a son of Dr. MANNING of Acadia University,
At the wedding, Rev. Mr. HARKNESS the pastor, officiated, the church
being thronged with friends and well wishers.