Re: lodges

At 12:03 PM 12/13/2000, you wrote:
>Can someone please tell me more about the Orange Order? I think of them as
>the lodge that causes so much grief in Northern Ireland but I may need some
>enlightenment.

> If he came from Yorkshire why would he belong to Irish lodges?

Grand Orange Lodge of Canada
http://www.orange.ca/

The official site for Canada covers the beliefs and history
and while the order may have an Irish history it would be
a clearly Protestant history... My guess would be that
Harrison was probably a Methodist and I seem to recall
a lot of Methodist members in the Orange Lodge...
A group like the Masons supposedly believed in a
Supreme Being but didn't specify Protestantism.

-=brian=-