Re: Gene Pool database search methods

Fooling around with this database, and found that you have to be pretty
creative when using search terms. For example, I found O hits when typing
O'Brien NS...yet, I found 2 hits when changing O'Brien to obrien. Keywords
such as Canada, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, etc, will give you different
search results than if you type in abbreviations (Can, NS, NB) and the
search engine doesn't use Soundex, so every variation of your name will have
to be tried separately. You can also get hits when typing a whole name,
such as Eleazer Taylor, and then add NS or NB, as you wish. This database
is loaded with info, but use your imagination when doing the searches.
Doing a search on the keyword Parrsboro, for instance, will give you 161
hits.

Judy