Organization and Filing Help

Hi:
Have been receiving this list for quite a while now, but have not made
any inquiries as of yet.
My problem is that I have way toooo much information from different
places and have not been able to come up with a way to organize and find
items that I have.
Some of you on this list seem to be able to put your hands on the
information requested by fellow listers in such short time, that I was
wondering if someone could give me a few suggestions.
Thanks in advance,

Heather Sedran
Sudbury, Ontario

Names that I'm researching are: Peppard, Helm, Urquhart and Miller, from
Cumberland, Colchester and Halifax County.