Re: [nscumber] Marriages os 1820-21

Hie Sandra and List

Here is the definition of "persal" Sundays that I have found:
The word is a derivative of the _expression_
Per saltum: latin; by leaps; i.e. without going through the intermediary
steps. Used in Canon law ex. becoming a priest without first being a deacon.
In marriage bypassing the 1, 2 or 3 Sundays of banns publication.
I suppose there must have been many instances when the "persal" was invoked,
"delicate conditions" certainly appears to be one. Cases where the couple
wanted to make the children legitimate when the death of one of the parents
was imminent ect.
Did anyone else find another definition?

Connie Fife Lenihan