From: Eric Keys <carkeys@...>
To: <nscumber@onelist.com>
Cc: <emuise@...>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2000 8:05 PM
Subject: [nscumber] SMITHs - ANGUSs - more SMITHs

> From: carkeys@... (Eric Keys)
>
> Hi Ellen:
>
> I'm going to jump in here too....Sarah Ann ANGUS b 07 Jan 1850 was d/o
John ANGUS & Mary MOORE
> She married Matthew Clarence SMITH on 5 Sep 1873. Her siblings were:
Sylvester (02.02.1847); Sophia (15.04.1878); Peter (1851); Nancy Adelia
(24.12.1857); Rachel Margaret (1861). There may be more that I haven't
found yet. Sophia is my connection: she married my half-great-granduncle,
Zerubabel HOLMES.

> Matthew Clarence SMITH's mother was also an ANGUS: Jane b 1819 d
23.11.1897 I haven't even found her name as "Sarah Jane", but it may be.
She and Walter Wellington SMITH had at least 12 other children.

> As to Sarah (Sally) ANGUS and John Wesley SMITH, I have her dates as born
20.05.1821, died 1881. You have her marriage date as 03.07.1820 (before her
birth??). That date is actually John Wesley SMITH's birthdate. John Wesley
is the son of Henry (Harry) SMITH and Mary Ann BRENNAN. Anyone want to open
the Henry SMITHs can-o'worms again?

> That's my 3 cents worth...
>
> Eric
------

1819 d 3 Jun 1897 m Mary Jane Angus bc 1819 d 23 Nov 1897? They have a son
Clarence, but I don't have any further information on him, but two of his
siblings are born in the late 1840's early 1850's.

> With regard to Sara Angus - I have two, neither of which seem to be
yours. They are:

> Sarah Elizabeth Angus d 1880 dau of Robert Angus and Mary Smith
>
> Sarah Angus b 1819 d 1888 m 3 Jul 1820 John Wesley Smith.
>
> Until I can straighten out my Sarah's, I'm lost. Any glimmer of light
you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks for the warmer weather -
much appreciated! The wind cooled things down to a -39C wind chill this
morning, but it was worth it to have warmth later in the day!

> Thanks,
>
> Ellen Muise
> emuise@...
>
> A Nova Scotian by birth, a Bluenoser forever.
>
> ----------
> : I have this additional information.
> :
> : 1. Matthew Clarence Smith was born in 1848 in Shinimicas,
Cumberland
> : County, Nova Scotia. He died in 1925. He was buried in 1925 in
> : Hillside Cemetery, Northport, Cumberland County, Nova Scotia.
> :
> : He was married to Sarah Ann Angus (daughter of John Angus and Mary
> : Unknown) on 5 Sep 1873 in Amherst, Cumberland County, Nova Scotia.
> : Sarah Ann Angus was born in 1850. She died in 1926. She was buried
in
> : 1926 in Hillside Cemetery, Northport, Cumberland County, Nova
Scotia.