Re: Charles Orville Smith

Bob Fawcett wrote:

> Hello again Jim:
>
> Thought that you might be interested in this e-mail that I received this
> morning from another list mate.
>
> <<I just double checked with Wm. 'Arnold' Smith, 1915, of Shinimicas and he
> thinks that is likely his gravesite. Charles Orvillle was in Little River
> visiting his daughter,name nk at this hour, when he died and was buried
> there because of transportation problems. His wife, Mary A.Atkinson,
> 1815-1902, had died the year before.
>
> Arnold said he has a picture of the grave and you are welcome to drop by any
> time. Where are you? Both he and I are interested in your Smith
> connection...... Bob,Dartmouth, NS>>
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob Fawcett
Hi Bob I have been doing some checking,and I haven't come up with
anything yet.I checked Brian's Big Page and all that is there is the
same as what Arthur Owen stated in his message as far as names and dates
go.I looked at my map of NS to find where Shinimicas was and that is the
direction Ronald was pointing when he told me that story.
I have been looking at all my Smith's[I have about 20]in my family but I
haven't made a connection yet.
You ask where I am,I live in Summerside PEI.
My 4th Great grand father was Richard Thompson the founder of Oxford NS.
If you come across any Smith's married to Thompsons or the other way let
me know because that is where the connection would be
--
HAVE A NICE DAY JIM L in PEI
May the roots of your tree grow ever stronger,