Re: Laura Brown Goodwin File

Thanks Eric,

If they do not fit into my Brown family, I may find them in my Smith's.

Ellen Muise
emuise@...

A Nova Scotian by birth, a Bluenoser forever.

----------
: From: "Eric Keys " <carkeys@...>
:
: Hi Ellen:
:
: This would appear to be the family of William Henry BROWN & Tryphenia Amelia
: SMITH. Their children are: Levi William, Victor Edwin, Laura Elizabeth,
: Cyrus James, Guilford Benjamin, Lucy & Christopher B BROWN.
:
: However, Greg Brown says below that GB Brown was 72 in 1956. Guilford
: Benjamin Brown was born in February 1869. However, the father's name fits
: as do the names of Laura, Levi, Cyrus & Lucy. Possibly "Kit " is just a
: nickname for Christopher?
:
: Greg: Could it be that the letters, published in 1956, were actually
: reprints of earlier letters by Guilford B BROWN? If not, it would appear
: that G B BROWN (the author) would be a grandson, rather than son, of William
: Henry BROWN.
:
: The children were all born around Mapleton/Maccan Mountain.
:
: That's my 2 cents...
:
: Eric Keys
: Riverview, NB
:
:
: >From: "emuise" <emuise@...>
: >
: >I've just returned from a holiday in Nova Scotia during which I was digging
: into the Brown family genealogy. Would you know the given names of G.B.
: Brown? Do you know where they lived? Was Laura a daughter?
: >
: >Ellen (Brown) Muise
: >emuise@...
: >
: >----------
: >: From: "Greg Brown" <browng@...>
: >:
: >: Just going through this file again and I noticed I had several letters
: >: that G.B. Brown wrote to the Springhill Record between 1953 and 1957.
: >: These are not originals but appear to be copies typed by Laura. The
: >: letters refer to Levi, Cyrus, Lucy and Kit. G.B. Brown lists his
: >: father as Wm. H. Brown and the letters talk of trips to get hay on the
: >: Maccan Marsh among other things. If anyone is interested in these let
: >: me know and I will attempt to scan them and see how they turn out. G.
: >: B. Brown was 72 years of age when he wrote one letter in 1956.
: >: Greg Brown
: >: Riverview, N.B.
: >:
: >: :