Registered Land Document - Gaius TAYLOR

Primary SourceDocument: Cumberland County Land Registry Office, Amherst
NS
Book F Page 369 ~ Transcription of Document: by Diane Shaw

Know all men by these presents that I Gaius (?see copy of signature -
DS) TAYLOR of the county of Cumberland in the province of Nova Scotia
Yeoman for in consideration of fifty two pounds current money of the
province aforesaid to me in hand well and truly paid the receipt
whereof I do hereby acknowledge have given granted, bargained, sold,
alianed in fee s (in fee simple?) conveyed and confirmed and by these
presents do give grant, bargain sell void in fee simple convey and
confirm unto the said John P. TAYLOR his heirs and assigns forever, one
hundred twenty five acres of land which lays about two and half miles
westward of Macan Bridge in the county aforesaid being 1/8th part of a
tract of land containing one thousand acres, late the property of
Eleazer TAYLOR, Esq. and which was the said TAYLOR�s place of residence
at his decease which said tract of one thousand was given by the said
Eleazer TAYLOR to eight children to be equally divided among them the
said one hundred and twenty five acres of land lays on the easterly half
lots and on the west side of said lot, joining the line between the two
lots, To have and to hold the said one hundred and twenty five acres
together with that part of the house that falls on the said lands when
the division line comes to be run with all and singular the privileges
and appurtenances thereunto belonging or appertaining unto the said John
P.TAYLOR his heirs and assigns to their only proper use benefits and
behalf, forever, but it is to be understood that the said John P.
TAYLOR is not to have full possession of the said lot of, one hundred
and twenty five acres of land during the widowhood of Susannah TAYLOR
(relic of the said Eleazer TAYLOR but on the death or marriage of the
said Susannah TAYLOR, which ever may first happen, the said John P.
TAYLOR is then entitled to the fee simple of all my right and title of
father�s estate being one hundred and twenty five acres and I the said
Gaius TAYLOR do avouch myself to be the true and lawful owner of the
premises and have good right and lawful authority to dispose thereof in
manner aforesaid and I do hereby bind myself my heirs executors and
administrators forever to warrant and defend the said hundred and twenty
five acres of land unto the said John P. TAYLOR his heirs and assigns
against the lawful claims or demands of all persons whatsoever. In
witness whereof I the said Gaius TAYLOR have hereunto set my hands and
seal the eleventh day of December Ammo Dom. One thousand eight hundred &
thirteen.
Signed: Gaius
TAYLOR

Signed Sealed and delivered