From: Pauline Lyle
To: NOVA-SCOTIA-L@...
Cc: nsroots-digest@...
Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 7:50 AM
Subject: Forster /Foster descendents

Hello, I'm looking for FORSTER/FOSTER descendents, from what I know so far by the time of my 3rd great grandfather's death in1860 the name was FORSTER. These Forster/Fosters left NS and settled in Elgin County,Ontario

RALPH FORSTER son of GEORGE FORSTER/FOSTER(d.1800) and MARGARET COLPITTS(b.1742)

RALPH FORSTER m. ELIZABETH MERRILL daughter of THOMAS HAZEN MERRILL and HANNAH WARD

RALPH and ELIZABETH(MERRILL) FORSTER children are listed below.

MARGARET FORSTER b. 17 May 1806 Ft. Lawrence, Cumberland Co. NS
HANNAH FORSTER b. 1 May 1808 Ft. Lawrence, Cumberland Co. NS
GEORGE FORSTER b. 31 May 1810 Ft. Lawrence, Cumberland Co. NS
THOMAS FORSTER b. 24 July 1812 Ft. Lawrence, Cumberland Co. NS
MARY OULTON FORSTER b. 20 Oct 1814
LAVINIA FORSTER b. 27 Apr 1817
WILLIAM FORSTER b. 1 Jan 1820
NATHAN FORSTER b. 10 May 1822
JOHN FORSTER b. 27 June 1824
ELEANOR FORSTER b. 22 Mar 1827

Here is what I know of the above children

HANNAH FORSTER d. 22 Apr 1894, Elgin County, ON. She married JAMES MCKAY/MACKAY
(b. 1801 Scotland d. 13 Sept 1852) Their daughter HANNAH MCKAY m. DAVID 'FLEMING' HUNTERIII(1849-1927) 'Fleming' being of the HUNTER-JONES-SHIPLEY originating in NS moving to Elgin County,ON

ELEANOR FORSTER d.1901, Elgin County, ON. She married WILLIAM TAYLOR(b.ON 1824 d.1888)
Their daughter ELIZABETH ' AMELIA' TAYLOR(1852-1909) married ROBERT JONES(1840-1923) Robert was also of the HUNTER-JONES-SHIPLEY families.