Re: Digest 14, message 1

Hello Kurt!

Just today I returned home from a trip to Nova Scotia, and while there I
obtained genealogy information from my family members in Joggins / River
Hebert and Lower Cove.

Simon Bourk is my 3rd great grandfather. Hilarin Bourk and Pelagie Leger are
my 4th great grandparents. Simon Bourk is the only son of Hilarin and
Pelagie. After Hilarin died in May 1836, his widow Pelagie married Damas
Leblanc on 5 February 1838, at Barachois. Their son, Mathurin Leblanc,
married Louise Leblanc ( daughter of Taddy Leblanc and Marguerite Landry).
The info I have on their children is as follows:
Marguerite b. Dec. 22, 1861
Eugene b. Oct. 12, 1863 ( may have died young )
Delphine b. March 17, 1865......m. John Babin
Felicien b. Dec. 5, 1866.......m. Mary Comeau
Eugene (?) b. Jan. 1, 1869
Josue b. Feb. 27, 1870
Alphie b. Dec. 1, 1871.........m. Marceline Comeau
Mary............m. Michael Boudreau
Damien.........m. Ida LeBlanc

The information I have states simply that Mathurin LeBlanc must have been
married twice, but gives no name of the other spouse. I obtained this
information from a granddaughter of Simon Bourk. She obtained the info from
someone in Amherst. Hope this helps! Judy