Re: Margaret Jane VanBuskirk

Hi Dee,

I've added a couple of notes and some dates - we definitely have the same family.

My grandparents are Wilfred Lawlor Brown and Anna Mabel Cooke, Margaret Jane VanBuskirk and Hiram Wilson Brown's son and daughter-in-law. I have a picture each of Margaret and Wilfred, but unfortunately, no scanner. Also, my service provider limits the size of file I can receive as a protection against software fraud.

I live in Aylmer, Quebec. If you are in Nova Scotia, I plan a visit in October, driving there and back. It would simplify exchanging information.

Thank you for the information. I really had nothing farther back than my great-grandmother's name on that side of the family.

Ellen Muise
emuise@...

A Nova Scotian by birth, a Bluenoser forever.

----------
: From: DeeVanBee@...
:
: Hi Ellen,
: Thanks for your offer re: Brown family but they are only connected to me
: through Margaret who is very distantly related as you will see as we
: continue, so at this time I shall not require info, however, I will keep it
: in mind.
:
: I'd like to start with what I have re: Margaret ( Maggie) and Hiram and then
: we can confirm if we are in sync.
:
: You I am sure will have more up to the present time to assist me and I will
: gladly give you material from back further.
:
: Here goes:
: Aaron Van Buskirk b: 1823 d: Nov 1905 bur: Wentworth United Cemetery
: married
: Nancy Delay b: 1833 d: 16 May 1918 bur: Wentworth United Cemetery
:
: *Aaron was listed as a millwright for his occupation
:
: Their issue
: 1. Fidelia b ca 1857
:
: 2. William Y. b: 09 Nov 1859 d: 1945
: married: Catherine Anne Grant 1857-1947 from Hopewell, Pictou Co
: both buried: Riverside Cemetery Middleboro, NS
: Their issue
: 1. John Robert ca 1885
: 2.William ca 1888
: 3. Ira Garfield ca 1890 - 1919 ( have his obit
: can give more info next letter)
: 4. John David 1892 -1970
: 5. Maggie Viola 1893 - 25 Mar 1970
: 6. Florence ca 1897 - < 1991 Dee - Did she marry a Patriquin?
: 7. Freda ca 1900
: *William and Catherine John and his wife ira and his wife all buried
: Middleboro Riverside Cemetery
:
: 3.Margaret ( Maggie) Jane b: 1866 Streets Ridge , NS d: 04 Nov 1913
: married: 19 Nov 1884 ages 18 and 30
: Hiram Wilson Brown b: 1854 Hartford d: 1933
: Their issue
: 1. Ebenezer Wilson 07 Dec 1885 - 1903
: 2. Victor Berry 21 Jan 1887 - 1968 bachelor
: 3. Laura Augusta 28 Sept 1888- 1972 m. Arthur Strong ( - 1977)
: 4. Nellie Cleora 07 Jun 1890 - 1930 m. ? Grimes
: 5. Delia Jane 1892 - 16 Nov 1891 d. 1987 m. Lorne Hiram Read
: 6. Wilford Lawlor 03 Feb 1893 - 06 May 1950 m. Anna Mabel Cooke (1896 - 1995)
: 7. Charles William 06 Dec 1895 - 13 May 1985
: 8. Hiram Alfred 12 Oct 1904- 1987)
:
: 4. Susan L. b: 1871 in Street Ridge, NS d: 02 Dec 1875
: at age 4 yrs with "Diphtheria"
: 5. John
:
:
: Would you please compare this to yours and tell me any differences or
: anything I have missed.
:
: Then I will give you the part I know about a couple more recent. After that
: I would appreciate lots of help on the modern day stuff I missing and I will
: begin going back with Aaron's siblings for you.
:
: Do you have any pictures? If so do you have a scanner with your computer?
:
: Til later
: Donna
: