LUCY MARSHALL

here is a obit of lucy taken from a sweet family history ,parts of
the book were given to me.

MRS LUCY A SHIELDS ---- WHO DIED AT HER DAUGHTERS ,MRS MURDOCK
SCOTT,LONDONDERRY,WAS IN THE 84TH YEAR OF HER AGE.SHE LEAVES BEHIND
HER 3 DAUGHTERS 1 SON AND A LARGE NUMBER OF GRAND CHILDREN AND ONE
GREAT GRAND CHILD.
UP TO 4 WEEKS BEFOR HER HER DEATH SHE WAS VERY SMART,AND WITH THE
EXCEPTION OF A SLIGHT DEAFNESS,WAS IN POSSESION OF ALL HER
FACUTIES,SHE COULD READ FINE PRINT AND THREAD HER NEEDLE AND SEW WITH
OUT HER GLASSES.SHE WAS A REGULAR ATTENDANT OF THE BAPTIST CHURCH
UNTILL HER LAST ILLNESS
HER CHILDREN ARE
MRS THOMAS SWEET-COLLINGWOOD
MRS MURDOCK SCOTT
JOHN SHIELDS-LONDONDERRY
MRS MARSHALL-BEAVER BROOK COL CO.-WHO WAITED ON HER DURING HER
LATE ILLNESS,ONE SISTER LIVING-MRS YOUNG IN RICHIBUCTO NB.
THE REVREND D.C. ROSS PREACHED THE FUNERAL SERMON.A LARGE CONCOURSE OF
PEOPLE FOLLOWED HER TO HER LAST RESTING PLACE.SHE SURVIVED HER HUSBAND
ABOUT 27 YEARS

THOMAS SHIELDS DIED 26 FEBUARY 1870 AGED 77,BURIED IN ROSE CEMETERY
CUMB CO.
HE WAS 26 YEARS OLDER THAN LUCY ANN (WIFE)THEY HAD A FAMILY OF
TWELVE,BORN AND RAISED IN THEVICINITY OF WILLIAMSDALE CUMB CO.