Re: Beriah and the Parrsboro Township Book

Hello Sandra: I have not seen the original Parrsboro Township Book myself but there is a typed, hardbound copy at the Ottawa House Museum where I volunteer. The spelling was dreadful in most cases but I believe it was copied as written on the original for authenticity. Often, the names were spelled as they were heard pronounced - add any kind of accent and you get things like they did to Zerviah! <grin> Unfortunately, it often happened to surnames as well sometimes changing a name forever.

Regards,

Heather