Re: Obit: MILLS, Erma Mae [nee LEWIS]

Title: Re: [nscumber] Obit: MILLS, Erma Mae [nee LEWIS]
Hi Avalon:

Thanks. I’m pretty sure I’m correct on this but wanted another confirmation to be sure.

Robert was a divorcee when he m/2 Emma Mae Lewis. Some of the children referred to in his obit may be from m/1 to (???).

Erma may have had a son, Richard Lewis before she m/1 Bob. Son, Shawn Mills maybe from Bob and Erma.

Dave
===============
The full obits:

Robert Mills

It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Robert (Bob) Norman Mills, 86, of Amherst following a courageous battle with cancer on Monday, August 22, 2011 at the Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre in Upper Nappan, surrounded by his family. Born on July 21, 1925 in Baie Verte, NB, he was a son of the late Chandler and Elizabeth (Taggart) Mills. Bob was a proud veteran of the Second World War, where he served in Italy, France, Sicily and England. Following the war, Bob was employed in Ontario as a steel worker and assisted in building the CN Tower in Toronto. After moving back home to Amherst, he worked for Kelly's Ambulance and Taxi Service and later for D & J Taxi. Bob's driving experience lead him to establish his own taxi business in Amherst for several years. Bob will be lovingly remembered by his wife the former, Erma Lewis; daughters, Vicki (David) Arsenault, Shinimicas, NS, Terry (Ricky) MacKay, Amherst; sons, Gary (Linda), Oshawa, ON, Robert (Tracy) and Shawn, both of Amherst; step son, Richard Lewis, Moncton, NB; as well as several grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews and extended family. He was predeceased by his son, James; brothers, Les, Bertrum, William, and Hugh; sister, Thelma MacKay. His remains are resting in Campbell's Funeral Home; 98 Church St., Amherst (667-9906) visiting on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 from 7 to 9 p.m. with the Royal Canadian Legion Branch # 10 tribute service at 7:00 p.m. Funeral service will be celebrated on Thursday at 2:00 p.m. from Campbell's Chapel with Sister Teresa Currie officiating. Interment will follow in the Fenwick Cemetery. Family flowers only. Donations in Bob's memory may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society. On-line condolences may be forwarded to the family via: www.campbellsamherst.ca

Robert's mother should be Annie Emma Taggart , not Elizabeth. I understand the mistake as most people (obviously including family) knew her as Lizzie

Elizabeth Ann Mills <annietaggart@...>, 24 Aug 2011
Bob Mills (July 21, 1925 - August 22, 2011)
[...]
[Wednesday, 24-August-2011 Campbell's Funeral Home, Amherst, NS]
[collected by EMKeys 2011-08-24]