John Lawrence Fowler - Alyda Mabel/Matilda ³Lida² Joyce-_ Alexander

This morning's Juanita J. (Brown) Wood obit posting took me to the Fowlers.
Juanita's sister, Gena Mae Brown m/1 Harold Henley Fowler, Lida's son.

I'm somewhat of the opinion Lida was the illegitimate d/o Rebecca Ann Yorke
and a James Joyce, born before Rebecca Ann Yorke m/1 Archibald C. Alexander,
25 Oct 1886.

If my speculation is correct, the James Joyce I have in mind was single
until 1893.

Lida could also possibly be a "Hatfield" descendent.

Dave
====================================
NSARM Cumberland Marriages, 1920; Book #39; Page #191
John L. Fowler, Carpenter, b, 39, Methodist
Living Amherst; Born Apple River
S/o Jeptha Fowler, Parrsboro, and Augusta Elliott
and
Lidia M. Joyce, Housekeeper, s, 37, Catholic
Living Amherst; Born Diligent River
D/o James Joyce, Fox River, and Rebecca Yorke
Married 4 Feb 1920, 32 Queen St., Amherst (Methodist)

Source: Dave Winter, 27 May 2008
-------------
Lidia M. Joyce and John L. Fowler married 1920 in Cumberland County
Item can be found in Registration Year: 1920 - Book: 39 - Page: 191
I did not have a "Stella" Fowler in my file but I do have a Jean Hazel
(Fowler) Harkness, born 1 Jun 1911[2 day's difference]. One in the same
person?????

Stella Fowler, born 1911 in Amherst, Cumberland County
Item can be found in Registration Year: 1911 - Page: 57600146 - Number:
57600146
Stella Fowler, Female
Born 30 May 1911, Amherst
D/o John Fowler and Lila Joyce
Victoria Street, Amherst
Laborer, Born Apple River
White
Dr. Boudreau
Informant; Mrs. John Fowler, Amherst

Source: Dave Winter, 19 Jun 2015
Monson Lawrence Fowler, born 1913 in Springhill, Cumberland County

Item can be found in Registration Year: 1913 - Page: 50300563 - Number:
50300564
Monson Lawrence Fowler
Born Springhill, N.S., 23 Jul 1913
S/o John Lawrence Fowler and Lila Mabel Joice
Elm Street, Springhill, N.S.
Father; Carpenter, Born Apple River, Cumberland County
White
Dr. M.J. Wardrope
Informant; J.F. Fowler, Springhill, 25 Jul 1913

Source: Dave Winter, 19 Jun 2013