Obit: HANDSPIKER, Sandra Noreen [nee SHERRIFF]

I have her father and mother born Amherst and River Hebert respectively. Her
step-mother born Allenville.

Dave
===========
Sandra Noreen Handspiker
March 19, 1946 - February 22, 2015
Life Legacy

HANDSPIKER, SANDRA NOREEN ­ 68, Truro. It is with profound sadness that we
announce the passing of Sandra who passed peacefully at home with her family
by her side on Sunday, February 22, 2015. Sandra will be missed by her
loving husband of 49 years Bill Handspiker, her son Stephen, daughter Wendy
and grandson Tyler Langille; brother Jim (Greta) Sherriff. Sandra was a home
maker for most of her life and took great pride in raising her children and
helping with her grandson any time she could. She also had a great love for
baking, and, was well known for the best homemade bread around. Sandra
volunteered for many years with the Ladies Auxiliary of the North River Fire
Brigade and the Good Neighbors Seniors Club of Truro. We would like to send
deepest appreciation to the VON/Palliative Care Team of Truro, and all the
wonderful doctors and nurses in Halifax that gave the best care any person
could have asked for, and for letting her funny ways shine through. Sandra
was a loving mother, wife and grandmother. She was always there to lend a
helping hand or to give great advice, she loved music, dancing, reading
books and most of all gardening. Sandra was loved by all who had the
privilege of knowing her. So to our mom - ³We all will miss you more than
words can say. Bye for now, love you lots.² As per Sandra¹s wishes cremation
has taken place. A Celebration of Life will be held at a later date.
Arrangements have been entrusted to Serenity Lindsay Annapolis Valley
Funeral Home and Chapels, Coldbrook (902)679-2822.

[Collected by DAW, 25 Feb 2015]