Obit: Pettigrew, Lloyd A.

The obit was in today's Chronicle Herald as Lloyd A. Pettigrew. When I just
went on the funeral home website, it's not listed yet. I found this version
on Google.

His step-mother was Clara Bell Dowe.

Half-sister Pauline is mentioned but not Isabelle Sophia, born about 1941, a
year after Lloyd.

Laying the data I have on a "time line", I'm now of the opinion Wallace
Lloyd Pettigrew is not the birth father of Isabell Sophia (Pettigrew) and
Clara Bell Dowe had her before marrying Wallace Lloyd Pettigrew by someone
else, making Isabell Sophia a possible step-sibling.

Dave
==========================

<http://www.inmemoriam.ca/view-announcement-478086-lloyd-pettigrew.html>

Lloyd Pettigrew
Born In: Sydney
Passed in: Sydney
Passed on: February 20th, 2015
We are sorry to announce the passing of Lloyd Pettigrew at the Cape Breton
Regional Hospital on Feb. 20, 2015, after a long battle with cancer.
Born in Sydney, he was the son of Wallace and Jessie (Robertson) Pettigrew.
Lloyd spent many years in P.E.I. working at various jobs until he became a
trucker and worked for 30 years before returning to Cape Breton in the 90s.
He was an avid reader and did the crossword puzzles daily.
He is survived by sister Pauline Hogan, Glace Bay and good friends Donna and
Jeanette. Besides his parents, he was predeceased by sister Mildred,
brothers, Wallace, Osbourne and Alcorn.
The family would like to express thanks to the medical staff of 4C for the
excellent care afforded Lloyd in his final days.
Cremation has taken place and burial to follow at a later date.
Arrangements are under the direction of McLellan Brothers Funeral Home, 3183
Plummer Ave., New Waterford, 902-862-7500.
============
Isabelle Sophia Morley-Legere (Pettigrew)
1941-2013

Age 72, Bass River, passed away suddenly at home on September 25, 2013. Born
in Scotchtown, she was the daughter of the late Wallace and Clara Belle
(Dowe) Pettigrew. She is survived by sons, Francis Morley, Halifax; John
Morley, Alberta; niece, Shelley Dowe and special friend Sheba. She was
predeceased by a sister Nyna Pettigrew.

Arrangements are under the care of J. Albert Walker Funeral Home (2005) Ltd.
To keep with Isabelle¹s wishes, there will be no visitation or service.
Interment to take place at a later date. Memorial donations may be made to a
local animal rescue shelter. On-line condolences may be sent to
www.walkerfh.com.

[Collected by DAW, 23 Oct 2013]
==========
UPPER ECONOMY -- Wallace L Pettigrew 76 of Upper Economy, died Tuesday in
Camp Hill Hospital. Born in Economy, he was a son of the late John and Emma
{Fife} Pettigrew. He served overseas during the First and Second World Wars
in the Canadian Army. He worked 18 years as a machinist at Point Edward
Naval Base. Surviving are his wife, the former Val Dowe, four daughters;
Nina and Mrs. Isabel Morley, both of Parrsboro, Mildred, Scarborough, Ont.,
Pauline, Mrs. Gerry Hogan, New Waterford, three sons, Lloyd, Charlottetown;
Murdock, Scarborough; John, New Waterford and seven grandchildren. He was
predeceased by a son, Alcorn. The body is at Smith's Funeral Home,
Parrsboro, where branch 45 Royal Canadian Legion will hold a service today
at 7 p.m. Funeral service will be held Friday at 2 p.m. in Economy Baptist
Church, Rev. J. Lester MacFarlane officiating. Burial will be in the church
cemetery.
[Source: Chronicle Herald Published: Thursday, September 22, 1977]