Re: John Morris and Marie Adams

Title: Re: [nscumber] John Morris and Marie Adams
Hi Sheila:

Thanks for the extras.

Lutheran Morris (1739-1839) was a United Empire Loyalist who came to the Advocate area in the later part of the 1700’s and received a large grant of land in Advocate. Most of, if not all, the Morris’ with roots to southwestern Cumberland County and not related to your “Parrsboro” Morris’ are his descendents.

I’m one of the “Advocate” Lutheran Morris descendents as well as a Capt. John Hatfield descendent. Hatfield was another prominent surname in the area in addition to Morris and numerous others.

There were also a separate unrelated line of Morris’ in the Pugwash area.

That’s why Bob was asking if your Morris’ and my Morris’ were related.

Dave