James Morris and Nancy Ann McLellan of Parrsboro

After digging in the St. Brigid's records today in the Halifax Archives, I
finally found a clue that lead to something else under my nose all along.

I was correct in my previous thinking and siblings, William Alexander
Morris, James Morris, Hugh Ross Morris and Mary Ann "Maude" Morris were left
orphans in 1880 and farmed out to the Donnelly's and Carroll's by 1881; two
to each family.

James the father died 7 Apr 1875; Nancy Ann the mother died 1880; son, James
died 1934 and is buried next to his parents, all in St. Brigid's Cemetery,
Parrsboro.

St. Brigid¹s Cemetery Photo #5083 by Jack Wagstaff's (Photo Collection)
St. Brigid¹s Cemetery Photo #5084 by Jack Wagstaff's (Photo Collection)
St. Brigid¹s Cemetery Photo #5085 by Jack Wagstaff's (Photo Collection)

======
St. Brigid's Catholic Church, Parrsboro, N.S.
Reel #11755, NSARM, Halifax, N.S.
Baptisms, Marriages & Burials 1853-1876

April 7, 1875; Died at Parrsboro, James Morris, aged 49 years, interned in
St. Brigid's Cemetery on 10 inst. [10 Apr 1875] Rev. P.W. Brown, PP

Source: Dave Winter, 12 Jan 2015
========

Dave