Re: Elizabeth Vickery

You are right Dave
This migration has been going on for centuries.

Steve

From: David Winter <davidwinter@...>
To: nscumber <nscumber@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2013 11:09:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nscumber] Elizabeth Vickery

Hi Steve:

Thanks for these.

This year our provincial politicians were complaining about the outsourcing of people as we continue to lose people from Nova Scotia per the last census data. We now have over 1,000 less people in Nova Scotia than the year before.

From a genealogical perspective, this phenomenon has been going on for well over 125 years as more and more Nova Scotian’s either head west or south in search for better jobs and living conditions.

Many early settlers came to Nova Scotia from the United States as United Empire Loyalist in order to remain loyal to King George yet 100 years later, their descendents start migrating back to the United States.

My observations only.

Dave