Re: Elvie Lena Lambert

Hi Dave
You are right about Byers. I rechecked his WW1 registration and he signed it Byers but it was indexed as Byors.

Steve

From: David Winter <davidwinter@...>
To: nscumber <nscumber@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 5:44:22 PM
Subject: Re: [nscumber] Elvie Lena Lambert

Hi Steve:

Thanks for the extra data which I didn’t have. They are on my Winter/s tree.

John Hibbert Lambert and Elvie Lena Lambert were my paternal grandfather’s 1st cousins.

I have Elvie Lena as BYERS. She died 31 Aug 1923 at Spencer’s Island of Tuberculosis.
--------------
United Church, Advocate, N.S.; Reel #11166-X, NSARM, Halifax, N.S.
BURIALS:
Elvie Byers (nee Lambert), Spencer's Island, age 35, buried 2 Sep 1923 by Rev. H. Cooke

Source: Dave Winter
-------------
NSARM Cumberland Deaths 1923; Book #107; Page #241
(Indexed as Eluil Lena Byoes)
Elvie Lena Byers, Spencer’s Island, Married, Housewife
Born (not given)
Died 31 Aug 1923, Spencer’s Island, age 35 years, 1 month, of Tuberculosis
D/o George Lambert, N.S., and Elizabeth Winters, Cumberland Co.
Informant; Clifford Lambert, Spencer’s Island, Brother
Buried 2 Sep 1923, Advocate

Source: Dave Winter 30 Sep 2007
As for John Hibbert Lambert’s 3 daughters:

Elvie Marietta Lambert; I believe she had a daughter born out of wedlock around 1929 in Amherst who was put up for adoption and adopted locally. I won’t mention her name on the list as this lady is widowed and still living in Cumberland County. Elvie Marietta went on to m/1 Cornelius Tielle from New York. Elvie died in New York on 24 Aug 1991.

Myrtle Blanche Lambert m/1 Bernard P. Partridge on 14 Oct 1925 at Searsport, Maine.

Harriet May Lambert m/1 Clarence Hibbert Rogers from Windham, Cumberland County on 25 Aug 1930, Baptist Parsonage, Advocate.