From: Arthur Owen <arthurowen1@...>
To: nscumber@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:00:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nscumber] Nathaniel Smith - Lorenzo Howard Smith

Thanks for the obits Gerry.

Avril's obituary mentions another brother, Carl Percy Smith. His death (31 Aug 1916) is in the NS Vital Stats (https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/ItemView.aspx?ImageFile=28-390&Event=death&ID=106873). He was only 3 days old (b. 28 Aug 1916 Sydney Mines, NS) when he died.

Small correction, the NS Vital Stats (https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/ItemView.aspx?ImageFile=1912-51100074&Event=birth&ID=274212) has Sydney Lewis being born in Sydney Mines (S Mines). Unless you have better references that point to Sydney as his birth place.

The death record for Ida May (Hayes) Smith (https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/ItemView.aspx?ImageFile=1952-6363&Event=death&ID=358233) gives her death date as 24 Dec 1952 in Digby, NS.  In it she is listed as married, not widowed indicating that Lorenzo Howard Smith was still alive at that time.  Does anyone have an obit for him or her? Herald Obit CD maybe?

Arthur

PS I know you have some of these references, as you gave me at least the last two, but thought it best to include them for any other researchers.