Re: Mary Ellen (Rector) Fortune

Thanks Dave, would love to honour her in an upcoming publication

Lawrence

From: nscumber@yahoogroups.com [mailto:nscumber@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of David Winter
Sent: September-17-13 9:29 AM
To: nscumber
Subject: Re: [nscumber] Mary Ellen (Rector) Fortune

Lawrence:

I retract my Baptist statement. I have her parents married 29 Jul 1856,
Anglican at St. George's, Parrsboro and Mary Ellen was the first born.

If Mary Ellen was indeed born 27 Oct 1856, then she was technically also at
her parent's wedding!

Mary Ellen m/1 Levi Fortune, Baptist Church, Amherst. That's where I got the
Baptist relationship from.

I hope to get to the Archives on Thursday so will have a quick look in the
St. George's records in the mid 1850's time span. Was hoping to get there
today but something came up.

Dave