Christabell Ethelyn (Hatfield) MacKenzie

Thanks Deb.

I somehow missed it in the newspaper 4 years ago.

I see what you mean by the date; died June and published December. However,
I think the info contained in it is accurate.

Dave
========
MacKENZIE, Christabell Ethelyn
83, of Dartmouth, passed away in Dartmouth General Hospital, Sunday, June
21, 2009. Born in Charleston, S.C. on February 24, 1926, she was the only
child of the late Sidney Bent and Christabell Amanda (MacGillivary)
Hatfield, and stepfather Lloyd Wellington Yorke. Chris spent her early years
being educated in the U.S.A. Following her father's death, she lived with
relatives in Boston. At age ten, she moved with her mother to Fox River,
Cumberland Co. to live with her aging grandmother. Completing her education,
she attended Teacher's College, in Truro and taught school in a one-room
school house in Brookville, Cumberland Co. She moved to Dartmouth in 1946
after the war, and subsequently worked at Mills Brothers, the Dartmouth
Patriot and Harbour Motors. In 1949, she married the love of her life,
Duncan, moved to Port Wallis, and taught school there. Starting a family,
she decided to stay home and be a full-time mom and tutor children at home.
She truly loved children and was known for her unending patience. She was an
avid reader and enjoyed her countless visits to the home in the country on
the Cumberland shore. A wonderful cook and hostess, she made everyone feel
welcome who came to her home. Her loving, gentle and generous spirit touched
many lives and will live on in the memories of her family and friends. She
is survived by her loving husband of 60 years, James Duncan; daughter,
Joanne MacKenzie Wright, Fall River; her grandchildren, whom she adored,
Diane and Michael Wright. Visitation will be today in the Dartmouth Funeral
Home, 29 Queen St., Dartmouth from 7-9 p.m. Funeral service on Wednesday,
10:30 a.m. in the chapel of the Dartmouth Funeral Home. Interment will be in
Holy Trinity Church Cemetery, Fox River, Cumberland Co. on Wednesday
afternoon at 3 p.m. Family flowers only by request. In lieu of flowers,
donations may be made to Holy Trinity Church, Fox River, N.S. B0M 1T0
Christabell Ethelyn MacKENZIE - Chronicle-Herald/Mail Star - (Dec/31/2009)

Found this on line don't know if the newspaper date is right
Source: Deb Everett, 9 Sep 2013

------ End of Forwarded Message