Re: Obit.: Becker (Spencer), Laura

Hi again Jim:

I have Ida¹s 6 children from a GOOGLE Search a few minutes ago.

Go to this website:

<http://www.rawbw.com/~hinshaw/cgi-bin/id?9043>

Ida Henshaw [ID 09043] Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:
She married Frank Spencer.a Frank, son of Frank Deveau + Evelyn Spencer,
was born about 1925, Wolfville, Nova Scotia.b

Children:a

Brenda Spencer; married Edward Parker.
Mary Spencer; married -- Hill.
Frank Spencer, Jr.
Francis Spencer.
Bonita Spencer.
Frederick Spencer.
Linda D. Spencer, born c1960; died Oct 26 1986; married Harry Gauthier.

Ida Henshaw died before 2003.b
After Ida died, Frank remarried to Hattie (Harriet) Morine.b

Frank died Feb 11 2003.b ***[Note Deb Everett¹s version says age 76 ­ the
version below says age 78]***

Frank's obituary was published in The Chronicle Herald on Feb 13 2003:b

SPENCER, Frank - 78, Eastern Passage, formerly of Kingston, passed away
peacefully, surrounded by his loving family, Tuesday, February 11, 2003, in
the New Halifax Infirmary, QEII. Born in Wolfville, he was a son of the
late Frank Deveau and Evelyn Spencer. He served with the Canadian Armed
Forces, Nova Scotia Black Watch Corp from 1951-57. He served overseas in
Korea for 13 months and he was a recipient of the Korean War Medal. He
worked with Minas Basin Pulp and Power in Hantsport for 12 years. He was
employed at CFB Greenwood as a painter for several years; a cook and later a
commissioner. During the last eight to ten years before his retirement he
was employed at CFB Greenwood at various jobs. He enjoyed hunting,
fishing and hockey especially the Toronto Maple Leafs. He was a kind and
loving husband and father we are all very proud of. Surviving are his
wife, the former Hattie (Harriet) Morine; sons, Frankie (Elizabeth),
Hantsport; Francis, North Alton; Frederick (Penny), Bloomfield, N.B.; Paul,
Berwick; Earl (Sandra), Highlever, Alta.; son-in-law, Stephan Longtin;
daughters, Brenda Parker, Tremont; Mary (Doug) Bullerwell, Comox, B.C.;
Pauline (Larry) Brace, Yarmouth; Patricia (Louis) Gallant, Panama City,
Fla.; Susan (Steve) Voros, Alberta; Cindy (Kevin Nickerson) Longtin, Eastern
Passage; sisters, Freda (Richard) Henshaw and Winnie (Earl) Henshaw, all of
Lockhartville; 42 grandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren. He was
predeceased by his first wife, Ida Henshaw; son, Frederick; daughters,
Bonita and Linda; sister, Eleanor; brother, Eldon. Visitation 2-4, 7-9
p.m. Friday with Royal Canadian Legion service beginning at 7 p.m., funeral
service 2 p.m. Saturday, February 15, all in H.C. Lindsay Funeral Chapel,
568 Main St., Wolfville, Rev. Bob Billings officiating. Burial in
Gaspereau Cemetery at a later date. Family flowers only, memorial
donations may be made to The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada or a
charity of choice. On-line condolences may be sent via:
lindsayfuneral@... Funeral arrangements are entrusted to H.C.
Lindsay Funeral Home, Wolfville.