Re: William Cephas Bowden and Sabra Augusta Welton

Marjorie:

Do you possibly have the correct Sabra Ellen (Welton) Bowden?

You have Sabra Augusta (Welton) Welton in your message.

I have Sabra Ellen Welton m/1 Cephas William Bowden on 22 Jun 1893,
Presbyterian, Parrsboro.

Incorrectly indexed as William Bowden and Sabra Wilton. She died 29 Sep 1951
in Fox River as per below from Eric.

This Cephas William Bowden and Sabra Ellen Welton¹s daughter, Alice Mabel
Bowden did m/1 Kempton J. Spicer.

Mrs. John Canning on the death record is Mary Adelaide (Bowden) Canning.

Dave
=================
NSARM Cumberland death registrations
Year: 1951; Book 1951; Page 6169
Name: BOWDEN, Sarah Ellen [Sabra Ellen?]
Born: 1875-02-12 NS
Died: 1951-09-29 Fox River, NS
Cause: Bronchopneumonia
Marital status: widowed
Age: 76y 7m 17d
D/o: Jessie WELTON & Mary DOW
Informant: Mrs John Canning, daughter
Buried: 1951-10-01 Diligent River, NS
[Source: Eric Keys 2007-11-10]
==============
Automated Genealogy Version;
1901 Cumberland County Census, Diligent River family #66, BOWDEN:
43 66 Bowden William C. M Head M Feb 12 1871 30
44 66 Bowden Sabra E. F Wife M Feb 12 1875 26
45 66 Bowden Sadie D. F Daughter S Jun 10 1894 6
46 66 Bowden Mary A. F Daughter S Jun 17 1896 4
47 66 Bowden Eva V. F Daughter S Nov 8 1898 2
48 66 Bowden Pearly S. M Son S Oct 22 1900
-----------------------
Automated Genealogy Version;
1911 Cumberland County Census, Diligent River 35, Family # 110, BOWDEN
[incorrectly transcribed as LOWTHER?]
Lowther? William M Head M Feb 1875 36
Lowther? Eva F Daughter S Nov 1898 12
Lowther? Perley M Son S Sep 1900 11
Lowther? Alice F Daughter S Jan 1905 6
Lowther? Clinton M Son S Sep 1902 8
Lowther? Liann F Daughter S Jul 1909 1 (Lillian Albina?)
==================
NSARM Cumberland Deaths, 1954; Book #1954; Page #4531
Alice Mabel Spicer, Diligent River, Married, Housewife
Born 15 Jan 1904, Diligent River
Died 9 Sep 1954, Highland View Hospital, Amherst, age 50 years, 7 months, 25
days, of Cerebral Thrombosis
W/o Kempton Spicer
D/o William Bowden, Diligent River, and Sabra Welton, Diligent River
Informant; Mrs. Walter Lamb, South Brook, Daughter
Buried 11 Sep 1954, Diligent River

Source: Dave Winter, 22 Feb 2009