Obit: RECTOR, Elston C

Elston Rector
RECTOR, ELSTON C. - April 23, 1941 - September 20,
2012 - Born in Bass River, NS to Audrey (Newton) and H. Borden Rector.
Elston, affectionately known as El or Al, died peacefully at George
Dumont Hospital, Moncton, NB, after a courageous 16-month battle with
colon cancer. Left with broken hearts are his wife, Sharon MacDonald
Rector, Oxford, NS; his daughters, Kelly Rector, Woodstock, ON; Kimberly (Rick) Koch, St Thomas, ON; stepsons, Corey Hansen, Oxford, NS; Karl
(Andrea) Hansen, Milton, ON; his mother, Audrey Rector Akerman,
Cedarstone Enhanced Care, Truro, NS; his sister, Colleen Rector,
Dartmouth NS, and grandchildren Joshua Rector, Jessica Koch, Timothy
Koch, and Thomas Chambers. He is also survived by several stepbrothers
ands sisters in ON. He was predeceased by his brother Vaughn in 1965,
his father Bordie in 1977 and his stepfather Harland Akerman in 2012.
Elston fulfilled his childhood dream of being a Truck Owner - Operator,
and was employed by Midland Transport for 36 years. One of his proudest
employment achievements was receiving a four million mile accident free
award from the Company, and was rewarded with an Alaskan Cruise for
Sharon and him. A lover of nature, he was happiest when fishing,
camping, cutting wood or just being on a beach in the Maritimes. Cremation has taken place. A Celebration of his life will be held on
Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 11 o’clock in the morning at Christ
Church, Anglican, 5 Lawrence St, in downtown Amherst NS followed by a
reception and shared memories in the Church hall. We respectfully ask
for family flowers only, and donations may be made to The Palliative
Care unit, George Dumont Hospital, Moncton, NB, the Cumberland VON, or
the SPCA. Heartfelt thanks to the Palliative Care teams in Oxford and
Moncton. Interment will be at a later date at Riverside United Church
cemetery in Bass River, NS. I will not forget you. See, I have engraved
you on the palms of my hands. Isaiah 49:15,16
[Tuesday, 25 September 2012 The Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB]
[collected by EMKeys 2012-09-25]