Re: Obit: Georgie Evelyn Dauphinee

Paul, I just received this obit from my Dauphinee Cousin on Georgie,s husband.

OBIT - Halifax Chronicle Herald - 14 Dec. 2006

DAUPHINEE, Donald Murray - 81, Upper LaHave, passed away suddenly at ho me Tuesday, December 12, 2006. Born in Lower Northfield, he was a son of the late William Arkanas and Eva Maude (Eichel) Dauphinee. He served in the Canadian Army during the Second World War. Following the war, he re-enlisted in the army, serving with the Black Watch Regiment until 1958, then he and his family moved to Upper LaHave where he lived until his death. He worked as Produce Manager and later Grocery Manager at the Shamrock Supermarket, Bridgewater, for almost 20 years. Following that he worked at Michelin Tire, Bridgewater, retiring in 1990. He was one of the founding members of the Dayspring and District Fire Department. He was elected Councillor for the Municipality of Lunenburg for two terms, during which time he served on numerous committees and boards. He was a member of St. Matthew's Anglican Church, Upper LaHave, where he had been a member of the church council. In his spare time, he enjoyed cultivating his Christmas trees, his garden, and golfing. Most of all, he loved spending time with his family. He is survived by his wife of 56 years, Georgie (Mills) Dauphinee; daughters, Nancy Dauphinee (Tony Smith), Crouse's Settlement; Susan Joudrey (John), Midville Branch; and son, Ian Dauphinee, Calgary;

grandchildren, Megan Atkinson, Halifax; Brian Atkinson, Toronto; Laura Atkinson, Tokyo; Dennis Joudrey, Calgary; Scott Joudrey, at home; Geoffrey Smith, at home, and Geoffrey's sisters, Christine and Jennifer Smith; brother, Lester, Mahone Nursing Home, and many nieces and nephews. Besides his parents, he was predeceased by brothers, Evans, Bert, Malcolm, Wallace, Owen, Albert, Harry, and sister, Carrie. His body has been cremated. Visitation will be held 7-8:30 p.m. today and Friday from 2-3:30 p. m. in Dana L. Sweeny Funeral Home, 11213 Highway. No. 3, Lunenburg. Memorial service will be held Saturday, December 16, at 2 p.m. in St. Matthew 's Anglican Church, Upper LaHave, Rev. Douglas Chard officiating. Interment immediately following in St. Matthew's Cemetery. Afterwards a reception will be held in St. Matthew's Parish Hall, Dayspring. Donations may be made to St. Matthew's Anglican Church, Upper LaHave, Dayspring and District Fire Department, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Nova Scotia or a charity of your choice. www.sweenyfuneralhome.ca

Cora