Obit (1963) - Jeremiah MATTINSON

I don't think the following obituary has been posted before:

Dec. 24, 1963 Halifax Chronicle Hearald:
The death occurred at the Resthaven Nursing Home, Picton, Ont., of Jeremiah (Jerry) Mattinson of Napanee, Ont., a former resident of Amherst and Beckwith, NS.  He was 81 years of age, son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Francis Mattinson of Mount Pleasant, NS.  He was born there and resided there until his marriage when he moved to Beckwith, where he owned and operated his own farm, until coming to Amherst 25 years ago.  Four years ago he made his home with his daughter, Evelyn (Mrs. Hazen Hollis) in Napanee, Ont., until confined to the nursing home. He was predeceased by his wife, the former Grace Evelyn Weeman of Hingham, Mass.  Besides his daughter, he is survived by one brother, Edward Mattinson of Mount Pleasant, NS. [I believe this should read Edmond, rather than Edward.]  The body will be brought to Amherst on Friday and will rest at Furlong's Funeral Home. Funeral service will be held Saturday at 2:00 p.m. conducted by Rev. Dr. W.J. MacDonald. The
committal service will be held at the Amherst Cemetery receiving vault with burial in the spring.

Hope this helps someone,
Gerry