Brodericks of Five Islands

Hello listers, it's been a while.

I'm wondering if anyone has info on the origins of the Broderick family of Five Islands. The 1838 census of Parrsboro lists four Broderick heads of household: William, John Sr., John Jr., and James. The 1861 Cumberland County census lists only a John, and by 1871, no one by that name. However the marriages transcript by Don Lewis includes some Broderick marriages in the 1860's.

I'm still (after all these years) trying to piece together the history of the McGraths of Parrsboro, and I think there may be some connection to the Brodericks - Catharine McGrath's marriage record of 1852 lists her mother as "Ellen Broyderick" of Stradbally, Co. Waterford, and a John Brodrick acted as witness to some McGrath events in the 1850s and 1860s. That seems too much for coincidence, but I don't even know if the Five Islands Brodericks were from Ireland, much less where in Ireland.

Hoping someone out there has done some of the digging for me...

Jim McGrath