Re: Cormier - Gratto Marriage; McWhirter related to Apple Rive_ r

Eric:

A bit more data.

>From what we¹ve both dug up recently, I tend to agree more and more Helen
Blanche was born nee Cormier and had 2 step-fathers, Norman Salter Donovan
and Charles Seymour Cluney. Helen Blanche¹s mother would have been a Cluney
in 1935 when she married George Alexander McLeod, thus the ³locals² in the
Advocate area possibly knew Helen Blanche as Cluney not Cormier.

Dave
===========
Previously posted:

NSARM Cumberland Marriages, 1935; Book #77; Page #493
George Alexander McLeod, Asst. Engineer (Fog Alarm Station), b, 41, Baptist
Living East Advocate; Born Diligent River
S/o Malcolm McLeod, Margaree, Cape Breton, and Mary Wood
And
Helen Blanch Cormier, Housegirl, s, 16, Baptist
Living East Advocate; Born Trenton, Pictou County
D/o Joseph Philip Cormier, Shediac, N.B., and Laura Gratto
Married 8 Jul 1935, Baptist Parsonage, Springhill; License #32096
By Rev. F.R. Crossman, Springhill, United Baptist
Before Mrs. Roland Robinson, Springhill, and Mrs. Laura Donovan, Advocate

Source: Dave Winter, 12 Oct 2011
Note: Helen Blanche later m/2 Burton Manson McWhirter
=
New; never posted:

NSARM Guysborough County Marriages, 1918; Book #30; Page #540
Charles Cluney, 23, b, Presbyterian, Lumberman
Living Sherbrooke; Born Sherbrook
S/o Thomas Cluney and Sarah Cluney, Lumberman
And
Kathleen Cope, 18, s, Presbyterian
Living Sherbrooke; Born Mosherville
D/o Joseph Cape and Sarah Cape, Miner
Married 18 Mar 1918, Port Hilford
By Rev. James Neilson, Baptist
Before James Neilson and Mrs. Neilson

Source: Dave Winter, 13 Oct 2011
============
NSARM Guysborough County Deaths, 1920; Book #68; Page #263
Mrs. Charles (Kathleen) Cluney, Sherbrooke, Married
Born (blank) N.S.
Died 15 Dec 1920, Sherbrooke, age 19/4/0, of Dropsy ­ Cardio Renal
D/o Joseph Cope, N.S., and Sarah Loyd, N.S.
Informant; Charles Cluney, Sherbrooke, Husband
Buried 17 Dec 1920, Sherbrooke

Source: Dave Winter, 13 Oct 2011
============
NSARM Guysborough County Deaths, 1927; Book #122; Page #7
Charles Cluney, Sherbrooke, Married, Laborer
Born (blank) Sherbrooke
Died 26 May 1927, Sherbrooke, age 29/0/0, of Pulmonary Tuberculosis
S/o Thomas Cluney, Sherbrooke, and Sarah Bennett, Indian Harbour
Informant; Sidney Cluney, Sherbrook, Brother
Buried 27 May 1927, Indian Harbour

Source: Dave Winter, 13 Oct 2011
============
Automated Genealogy Version;
1911 Guysborough County Census, Sherbrooke family #21, CLUNEY:
10 21 Cluney Thomas M Head M Jun 1842 69 1901 Links
11 21 Cluney Sarah F Wife M Mar 1858 53 1901 Links
12 21 Cluney William M Son S Mar 1881 30 1901 Links
13 21 Cluney Robert M Son S Jul 1889 21 1901 Links
14 21 ***Cluney Charles *** M Son S Feb 1893 17 1901 Links
15 21 Cluney Henry M Son S Dec 1900 10 1901
Interestingly, Lodeema Gratto doesn¹t appear with her parents on the 1901
and 1911 Colchester Censuses