Re: WORTHYLAKE; Port Greville connected

Eric:

I also found this afterwards; Fletcher¹s m/2. Assuming she was previously
married to a Cleary. Frank Worthylake is possibly deceased by 1976.

Dave
=========================
Chronicle Herald, Monday, June 7, 1976; Reel #6061, PANS, Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY - Pictou - Mrs. Fletcher Worthylake, 81, of Popular Street, Pictou,
died Saturday at home. Born in Havendale, Guysbourough County, she was the
former Harriett Eva Cunningham, a daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Robert
Cunningham. She was a resident of Pictou for twenty years and was a member
of Stella Maris Church. Surviving are two daughters, Helen (Mrs. Lawrence
Lohnes), Antigonish; Mary (Mrs. Carl Meagher), Auld's Cove; one foster
daughter, Sylvia (Mrs. George Condon), New Glasgow; five sons, Tom Cleary,
Roman Valley; Leo Cleary, Shubenacadie; Robert Cleary, Pleasant Valley; Jack
Cleary, Guysborough; Bernie Cleary, Pictou; 1 foster son, Fred Dobson,
Pictou; several grandchildren and great grandchildren; and one great great
grandchild; two sisters, Mrs. Winnie Rumley, Dartmouth; Leona (Mrs. Gregort
Cunningham), Guysborough; and two brothers, William and Morris, both of
Guysborough. The body is at the McLaren Funeral Home, Pictou. Funeral
service will be held Tuesday at 2 p.m. in the Stella Maris Church, Rev. Fred
Morley officiating. Interment will be in the church cemetery.

Source; Dave Winter, Undated
---------------------------------
Chronicle Herald, Tuesday, June 8, 1976; Reel #6061, PANS, Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY - Mrs. Fletcher Worthylake, Pictou - Funeral service will be held
today at 2 p.m. in Stella Maris Church for Mrs. Fletcher Worthylake. The
following names were omitted from the list of survivors: three
step-daughters, Major Thelma Worthylake, Toronto; Aleta (Mrs. Keith Wallace)
and Gertrude Worthylake, both of Montreal; five step-sons, Aubrey
Worthylake, Caledonia; Cecil, Hamilton, Ont.; Everett, White Rock, B.C.;
James, Truro; and Donald, England.

Source: Dave Winter, Undated
Note: Stella Maris Church in Pictou, N.S. is Roman Catholic. Also, missing
surviving step-children from obit are added to funeral service notice.
-------------------------------------
Put this here for holding for now.
Truro Daily News, Monday, July 8, 1935, pg #7; Reel #2185, PANS, Halifax,
N.S.
WEDDING: Meagher-Cleary
Rev. W.B. MacIsaac officiated at the marriage which took place on Tuesday
morning at 9 o'clock at St. Anne's Church, of Miss Mary Cleary, Havendale,
daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Cleary of U.S.A. and Carl Meagher, son of
the late Thomas Meagher, Guysborough.
The bride who was attired in a blue dress with white hat, gloves, shoes and
stockings was attended by Miss Mary Chisholm. The groom was supported by his
brother, Earl, of Guysborough. Following the ceremony, a wedding dinner was
served at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Cunningham, Havendale.

Source: Dave Winter, Undated