Obituary: JOYCE LORRAINE BLUNT

JOYCE LORRAINE TAYLOR BLUNT, at Vision Nursing Home, Joyce passed away peacefully with family at her side, May 14, 2003 at the age of 85. Born in Amherst, N.S., daughter of the late Lorne Taylor and Charlotte Lamb, Joyce grew up in Grosse Pointe and Port Huron, Michigan. She graduated from Michigan State College and married John S. Blunt in 1939. After World War II, the young couple moved to Sarnia. As well as being a devoted wife and mother, Joyce dedicated much of her time and energy to volunteer work. She was a member of the St. Clair Chapter of the I.O.D.E., and for a time managed the I.O.D.E. Economy Store. She became Regent of her Chapter, then later Municipal Regent and was involved at the National level of the organization, as well. She was one of the organizers of a multicultural fair welcoming Pierre Elliot Trudeau to Sarnia during the 1967 Bi-Centennial. In April 1972, Joyce was honored with a Life Membership of St. Clair Chapter and in March 1998, National Life Member I.O.D.E. John and Joyce spent many winters in Grenada, W.I. where she helped in the family Spice Island Charters business and operated a boutique. The Blunts were life members of the Sarnia Yacht Club and spent many summers at Mackinac Island and cruising the North Channel with family and friends. John and Joyce were married 58 years, until John's death in 1997. She is survived by daughter Charlotte and son-in-law George Clinton of Los Angeles, and daughter Roberta Smith and her fiance Randy Hurak of Sarnia. Three grandchildren, Jessica in L.A. and Mason and Ryan in Sarnia. Also survived by sisters-in-law Helene Blunt, Evelyn Blunt and by several nieces and nephews, Dr. Marie Blunt and Paul Blunt of Sarnia, and Pat Newbauer, Pam Banduric, L.G. Skip Blunt Jr., Liz Poarch and Katie Yancey all of the U.S. Predeceased by only brother, Robert Taylor, sister-in-law Mildred Taylor and brothers-in-law L.G. Blunt and P.D. Blunt. Arrangements are being handled by STEWART FUNERAL HOME. Cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be held during the early part of June. Instead of flowers, donations to St. Clair Chapter, I.O.D.E. for the Lambton Hospitals Group Fund would be appreciated. Sarnia Observer - Wednesday, May 21, 2003 • <http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/

Collected by Paul Raymond 05 Oct 2011