Re: McWHIRTER, Burton Manson second wife Helen McLeod.

I believe she was nee Chuney and m/1 to George Alexander McLeod of Diligent
River about 1936. Daughter, Evelyn (Bud) Quipp of Stratford, Ontario is
believed to be from her m/1. Bud Quipp is believed to be Evelyn¹s m/2.

Dave
====================
<http://www.sargentandson.com/archive_obits_display.asp?ID=428>

Helen McWhirter
Tuesday, March 11, 1919 - Monday, July 18, 2005
Birthplace: Trenton, Nova Scotia
McWHIRTER Mrs. Helen Blanche McWhirter age 86 years a resident of Thunder
Bay passed away peacefully at the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences
Centre on Monday, July 18, 2005. born March 11, 1919 in Trenton, Pictou
County, Nova Scotia, she had been a resident of Thunder Bay since 1954. She
was a member of St. Paul¹s United Church. Helen was one of the first
employees hired at Dawson Court Home For The Aged and worked there for 25
years as a Nurse¹s Aid. She was an ardent knitter and enjoyed tending her
garden but her main focus was always her family and especially her
grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren. Helen was
loved and will be dearly missed by her children; Gary (Marg), Ken (Rose),
Lynda (Bob) Fiorito, all of Thunder Bay and Evelyn (Bud) Quipp of Stratford,
Ontario, step-children Jack (Mary) of Portage La Prairie, Manitoba and
Muriel Cameron of Halifax, Nova Scotia, grandchildren: Cameron, Ian,
Patrick, Riley; Ryan, Roger, Terrie, Tina, Neil, Scott and Dale, 6 great
grandchildren and 3 great great grandchildren as well as numerous other
relatives. She was predeceased by her husband Burton, and grandson Ricky.
Funeral Services will be held on Thursday, July 21st at 11:00 a.m. in the
Sargent & Son Funeral Chapel, 21 North Court Street with Rev. Julia Sinclair
presiding. Interment Riverside Cemetery. Friends may call at the Sargent &
Son Funeral Chapel, 21 North Court Street, Wednesday evening from 6 p.m.
until 8 p.m. As expressions of sympathy the family respectfully request
memorials to the Northern Cancer Research Foundation.