Re: 1909 death - Elizabeth Jane Mattinson (nee Orchard)

MRS. EDWARD MATHESON KILLED ON THE I. C. R. NEAR THOMSON
As the Ocean Limited from Montreal was approaching Thomson station Monday evening about five o'clock it ran into an aged lady of some seventy years, killing her instantly. The lady, who was Mrs. Edward Matheson, of Thomson, is hard of hearing, and was walking along the track and did not hear the oncoming train. The train was brought to a standstill and a litter, was made, on which the remains were conveyed to her home. The deceased leaves a husband and several children.
An inquest was held Tuesday, and a verdict of accidental death returned by the jury, exonerating the I. C. R. from any blame. The funeral took place that afternoon and was largely attended. Much sympathy is expressed for the aged husband and family.
(Truro Daily News Wednesday, September 1, 1909, page 1)

DIED
MATTINSON - At Thomson Station, Aug. 30 Mrs. Edward Mattinson, aged 73 years.
(Truro Daily News September 16, 1909, page 1)

THE LATE EDWARD MATTINSON
There passed peacefully away at his home in Thomson, Friday June 11th at the age of 85 years, Mr. Edward Mattinson. The deceased was formerly engaged in lumbering and was much respected in the community.
The funeral services were held on Sunday afternoon, June 13th from the home of his daughter, Mrs. Emma Taylor, Rev. J. W. O'Brien's message was one of comfort to the bereaved family.
The pall bearers were the four sons.
The surviving children are: Wm. E., Oxford; Sydney of Truro; Wilbert and Melburn of Thomson; Mrs. Emma Taylor of Thomson and Mrs. Clinton Armour of Oxford; also two brothers, B. N. Mattinson of Pugwash and Dan of Springhill.
(Truro Daily News June 22, 1920)

MATTINSON - At Thomson, N.S. on June 11th, Edward Mattinson, aged 85 years, survived by four sons and two daughters.
(Truro Daily News, July 5, 1920, page 3)