Re: Hollis Lorne Porter of Springhill

============================
Helen Mae Hopkins 1918 - 2003 SACKVILLE, N.B.- Helen Hopkins, age 85, of
Sackville, N.B. passed away on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at the Drew
Nursing Home, Sackville, N.B. Born on August 26, 1918 in Springhill,
N.S., she was the daughter of the late Victor and Dolly (Stirling)
Porter. She is survived by her five daughters, Helen Tower of Hamilton,
Ontario, Carol (Earl) O'Blenis of Amherst, N.S., Nancy (Leon Goodwin)
Fougere of Sackville, N.B., Pat (Frank) LeBlanc of Sackville, N.B. and
Kathy Brent of Sackville, N.B.; two sons, Fred (Dorette) Hopkins of
Middle Sackville, N.B. and Dan (Diana) Hopkins of Sackville, N.B.; 24
grandchildren; many great grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, Charles Hopkins; six brothers,
Randolph Porter, Raymond Porter, Hollis Porter, Victor Porter, Sterling
Porter and Fred Porter, and several grandchildren. Helen was a longtime
member of the St. John Ambulance and was a home care worker for part of
her life. She also loved to garden and do crafts. Helen was a devoted
and loving mother, grandmother and great grandmother. Arrangements are
entrusted to Campbell's Funeral Home, 89 Bridge Street, Sackville, N.B.
(364-8188). Visitation will be held on Monday, June 2, 2003 from 2-4 and
7-9 pm. The funeral service will be held from Campbell's Funeral Home on
Tuesday, June 3, 2003 at 2 pm with Pastor Barry Todd officiating. Burial
will follow in the Sackville Cemetery. A reception will be held
following the interment at Campbell's Funeral Home. Donations in Helen's
memory may be made to St. John Ambulance, Alzheimer Society, Drew
Nursing Home Staff or to the charity of ones choice.
[Monday, 02-June-2003 The Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB]
[collected by EMKeys 2011-06-27]