From: nscumber@yahoogroups.com [mailto:nscumber@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Lynn Merrill
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 5:46 PM
To: nscumber@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [nscumber] Mary Jane Allen (born: 22 Dec 1837, New Brunswick) Who
are her parents?

Mary Jane Allen was married to Thomas Wood (born: 24 Sep 1832, Goose River,
NS) at Cape Tormentine, Westmorland, NB, on 17 Jul 1855. They raised their
family in the Goose River (later Linden) area. From my research, I have
found it is usually customary that the wedding is near the bride's hometown.
So Mary Jane probably came from the outerlying portions of Westmorland
County.
Upon accessing the 1851 Census of NB, there are several Mary's listed about
the age Mary Jane would be. Knowing censuses, her name could be listed any
number of ways. However, there is one listing for a Mary Jane at the right
age of "13" and it is in Westmorland Co. in Botsford Parish. The parents are
listed as David and Sarah Allan (family #3378). The "an" ending compared to
the "en" on Allen is common among variations like Reid or Read. Does anyone
have knowledge as to who her parents are? Is it David and Sarah?

_____

No virus found in this message.