Daniel Smith Berry

OBITUARY
D. S. BERRY
D. S. Berry, highly respected citizen of Lower Economy, he had been in ill health since early summer, passed peacefully away December 4, at the age of 76 years.
The funeral was held from his late residence on Friday afternoon at two o'clock, with Rev. C. Ritchie Bell, pastor of St. James' Presbyterian Church, Truro, conducting the services.
Mr. Berry was a staunch Presbyterian all his life and an elder of that church for many years.
Hymns sung by the choir under the leadership of Mrs. Keith Soley were, The Lord's My Shepherd and My Hope is Built on Nothing Less. Blest Be the Tie That Binds was played very softly as the remains were being carried out by the pallbearers Chas. H. Soley, Robie K. Faulkner, J. B. Moir and A. H. Wilson.
Mr. Berry leaves to mourn his wife, formerly Mary J. Harrison and nine children, Mrs. F. A. Darrah (Ethel) of Clyde River, P.E.I.; Gordon of Truro; Lloyd of Lower Economy; Mrs. Claude Chappell (Sadie) of Tidnish, N.S.; Mrs. G. McGoding (Ella) of Longwood; Florida; Mabel at home; Arthur, Saskatoon, Sask.; Leona, Truro; and Earle of Economy and one sister, Mrs. David Smith of Moose River, N.S.
Many cards, letters and telegrams of sympathy were received and the many beautiful flowers conveyed their silent sympathy. They were as follows:
Pillow, Broken Circle, Wreath and Spray from wife and family.
Sprays - Frank, Martha and family, Garnet, Rosak Clara, Bob, Mason, Mrs. Mitchell and Oscar, Mr. and Mrs. Noble Simpson, Mr. and Mrs. F. A. Bayrd, Mrs. Wm. Dexter, Miss Margaret Beattie, Mrs. Clara Bell Taylor, Mrs. MacFarland, also cut flowers from friends from Carr's Brook.
Just away where no shadows fall
In loving peace a waiting all,
Longing perhaps in his heart to say
I am not dead, but just away.
(Truro Daily News, December 11, 1935, page 4)