Re: Looking for information on James McWhirters wife Margaret

Their great-grandson, William Grey McWhirter, s/o William, gs/o Robert
Strugeon:

===========================
NSARM Cumberland Co delayed birth registrations
Year: 1886 Book: 1886 Page: 99000720
Name: McWHIRTER, William Grey
DoB: 1886-07-20 Apple River, NS
c/o: William McWhirter & Annie Dunn
affidavit by Mrs Gladys McCarther, sister on 1952-12-08
based census & family records, personal knowledge
[collected by EMKeys 2008-10-22]
===========================
============================
PORT GREVILLE - The funeral of the late William G. MCWHIRTER was held in
the Grace United Church, Saturday afternoon, March 21, at 2:30 o'clock
with Rev. Henry Tye in charge of the service. Mr. McWhirter was the son
of the late Mr. and Mrs. William McWhirter and was born at Apple River,
Cumb. Co. He was 72 years old. Left to mourn are his wife, the former
Annie Hatfield, two daughters and two sons by a former mariage, Mrs.
Laurie Glenn (Evelyn) Middle Sackville; Mrs. Harold Forsythe (Gwendolyn)
Amherst; Rexford of Port Greville and a son, Max, now serving with the
Canadian Army in Europe; eighteen grandchildren and sixteen
great-grandchildren; one sister Edith in the U.S.A.; two half sisters,
Gladys and Ella and one half brother Charlie McWhirter of Sackville,
N.B. His first wife, the former Effie Crowell predeceased him two years
ago. Also deceased are three daughters, Lena, Lillian and Ruby. Hymns
sung by the choir were "Rock of Ages" and "The Old Rugged Cross", Rev.
Sutherland sang a solo "Beyond the Sunset." Pallbearers were Perry
Allen, Chesley Allen, Cyril Hatfield, Roy Burton, Loris Hatfield and
Maurice Lunn. There were many floral tributes. Interment was in the
Grace United Cemetery.
(From the Amherst Daily News Newspaper, dated 30 March 1959, page 6.)