Re: Eliza Mary (Smith) Smythe of Kirk's Hill

Hi Sue-Ellyn:

Good to hear from you. Thanks for sharing.

>From what I know, John Pendleton Carlow left a wife, Lenora App and 6
children behind in Maine and came north to Nova Scotia to marry Annie
Stephenson Smythe.

Walter Harrison Callow (Walter Callow Veteran¹s Wheelchair Bus fame) was the
only m/o the siblings to go by Callow whereas the other 3 went by Carlow -
Josephine Ruth Carlow; Margaret Gertrude Carlow; Cyril Ambrose Smythe
Carlow.

Mary Ruth Carlow in Annie¹s obit is her granddaughter; Margaret Ruth¹s
daughter out of wedlock, born before Margaret m/1 Hugh McDonald Ripley.

Dave