Re: Eliza Mary (Smith) Smythe of Kirk's Hill

Hello Lawrence,

I think we have TWO Robert Smith/Smyths (father and son).  I list (but am welcome to other opinions):

Robert Smith, born (about 1803?), died before 1871 census
Married on 9-Oct-1823 in Parrsboro to
Ann Curry/Currie, born about 1803 in Ireland, died 15-Mar-1871 in Kirkhill

They had at least 4 children:
1)  Mary Ann Smith, born 6-Sep-1825 - married Hans Mills
2)  Robert Smith, born 14-Apr-1835 - married Mary Ann Rutherford
3)  Albert Edward Smith, born 16-Oct-1842 - married Mary Eliza Smith
4)  Isabella J. Smith, born abt. 1851 - married John Francis Layton

There are probably more children, but these 4 satisfied my curiosity.

Ann Curry/Currie's birth date is calculated from Don Lewis' "Deaths from Township Records":
Ann Smith (a widow, born in Ireland, d/o James Curry & Ann) died 15-Mar-1871 in Kirks Hill at the age of 67.

Robert Smith's (1803?) birth date is a wild guess (I assume he was born about the same time as his wife, Ann).

Hope this helps,
Gerry