Re: Norby Dowe's ex-son-in-law

Eric:

I¹ll do some more digging in the Holy Trinity Anglican Fox River records.

Robert MacArthur Seaman and Clara Eileen Lamb were married 3 Aug 1929 at
that church so probably all their children are baptized there.

Robert MacArthur Seaman in 1901:

Automated Genealogy Version;
1911 Cumberland County Census, Parrsboro Centre family #84, SEAMAN:
18 84 Seaman Alonzo M Head M Aug 1873 37 1901
19 84 Seaman Lillian F Wife M Sep 1882 28 1901
20 84 Seaman Charles M Son S Aug 1905 5 1901
21 84 Seaman Robert M Son S Jul 1907 3 1901
22 84 Donnelly Lucy F Domestic M Jun 1888 22 1901

I always say only 99% of the Winter/s on the Parrsboro Shore are related.
Delilah Esther Winters is the 1% exception. She was a school teacher from
Liverpool, Queens County who came to teach on the Parrsboro Shore and m/1
Leslie Sanford Lamb. Her oldest daughter, Jennie Marie Lamb m/1 Chester
MacNeily Winter, my great uncle with issue of Basil Roy Winters and Mary
Esther Winters/Vickery (she was adopted after the marriage breakup by Walter
Samuel Vickery and Lettie Mahale Bowden). Marriage ended in a divorce with
Jennie m/2 Hilton Mundalla Pettis from Parrsboro.

Her obit:
-----------
d/o George Winters & Louisa Abigail Vogler, Liverpool, N.S.
-----------
Springhill Record, Thursday, April 14, 1955; Reel #3215, PANS, Halifax, N.S.
PASSES AWAY ON SATURDAY
Mrs. Leslie S. Lamb
The death of Mrs. Leslie S. Lamb occurred at Parrsboro on Saturday evening,
April 9th. A lifelong resident of Diligent River, for the past year she had
been in Parrsboro at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Hilton Pettis, by whom
she was tenderly cared for during a lengthy illness.
Seventy-eight years of age, she was the former Delila Esther Winters, a
daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. George Winters of Liverpool. Left to mourn
her loss are four daughters, (Jennie) Mrs. Hilton Pettis of Parrsboro;
(Clara) Mrs. Robert Seaman of Amherst; (Florence) Mrs. William Colpitts of
Parrsboro; (Margaret) Mrs. Camber MacAloney of Allister, Ontario; and four
sons, George Winters of Parrsboro; Walter in South Brook; Robert in West
Brook and Harold in East Fraserville. There were twenty-three grandchildren
and three great grandchildren. Her husband predeceased her in 1946.
Following a short service at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Hilton Pettis on
Tuesday afternoon at 2 o'clock, the funeral will be held that afternoon from
St. John's Anglican Church in Diligent River with Reverend Harold Kay
officiating. Interment will be in the family lot.

(Feel son, George Winters is a typo for George Leslie Lamb)

Source: Dave Winter, 5 Jan 2010