Re: Gerald Alexander Henwood of Amherst

Hi Geraldine:

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I checked my hand written notes from
earlier this week and it was published as Cyril Speight not Cecil.

Thanks for noticing my transcription "fat finger" typing error. I had him as
Cyril Ketchener Speight in my file too.

Amended obit is below.

Dave
==========
Amherst Daily News, Thursday, January 3, 1963, pg. #4; Reel #2723, NSARM,
Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY: Gerald A. Henwood
The death of Gerald Alexander Henwood of West Amherst occurred suddenly at
Highland View Hospital Monday evening. He was 40 years of age, son of Mrs.
Julia Henwood and the late Daniel Henwood. He was an employee of Robb
Engineering Works. Surviving are his wife, Marian, his mother, Mrs. Julia
Henwood; four sons, Frederick, Brian, Edward and Dexter, all at home; one
daughter, Mrs. John Michels; five brothers, Gervan of Toronto; Ernest of
Ottawa; Wayne of Montreal; Curtis, North Sydney; and Joseph, of Amherst; and
six sisters, Bessie (Mrs. Frank Ryan), of Montreal; Faith (Mrs. John
Williams), Charlotte (Mrs. Alan Lanounc), both of Ottawa; Marilyn (Mrs. Roy
Lowther), Richmond, B.C.; Viola (Mrs. James Couiseau), of Sao Paula, Brazil;
and Devona (Mrs. Cyril Speight), West Amherst. The funeral service will be
held from St. Charles R.C. Church Thursday at 8:30 a.m.

Source: Dave Winter, 4 Jan 2010, amended 8 Jan 2011 with Cyril Speight
changed to Cyril Speight.
Note: Spellings as published