Re: Tweedie BROWN

Hi Eric and others,
This is getting more interesting all the time about Tweedie BROWN.
Is Logan BROWN, s/o Fenwick Matthieu BROWN the same person as
the Logan BROWN, stepfather of Imojean PUGSLEY? Or is there
another Logan BROWN, lived in Mapleton, maybe descended from
William and Typhennia BROWN?
Acadia Mines, mentioned in connection to the wife of Tweedie
is the old name for Stellarton.
David

James Tweedy Brown and two brothers.

> [...]
> Name: BROWN, James Tweedie
> DoB: 1864-10-16 NS
> DoD: 1936-11-19 Springhill NS
> Age: 72y 1m 13d
> Cause: hemiplegia; arteriosclerosis
> Occupation: labourer, coal mining
> Marital status: widowered
> Spouse:
> c/o: James Brown & (not given)
> Burial: 1936-11-21 Rodney NS
> Undertaker: Brown Bros, Springhill
> Informant: Mrs Ed Hachie, daughter, Springhill
> [collected by EMKeys 2008-08-08]
> ===========================
> ============================
> NSARM Cumberland County death registrations
> Year: 1919 Book: 63 Page: 36
> Name: BROWN, Fenwick Matthieu
> DoB: 1851-10-17 Five Islands Road, NS
> DoD: 1919-10-28 Springhill, NS
> Age: 68y 0m 11d
> Cause: believed to be cancer of stomach/no medical attendance since last
> July
> Occupation: farmer; brought up on farm
> Marital status:
> Spouse:
> c/o: Jamieson Brown (Upper Canada) & Sarah Ripley (NS)
> Burial: 1919-10-30 Rodney, NS
> Informant: Logan Brown, son
> [collected by EMKeys 2008-02-02]
> ============================
> ===========================
> NSARM Cumberland County death registrations
> Year: 1956 Page: 5187
> Name: BROWN, Joseph Robert
> DoB: 1875-12-22 NS
> DoD: 1956-02-27 Springhill NS
> Age: 80y 2m 5d
> Cause: Cerebro-Vascular Accident; Essential Hypertension; Arteriosclerosis
> Occupation: farmer
> Marital status: single
> Spouse:
> c/o: Jamison Brown (NS) & Sarah Storey (NS)
> Burial: 1956-02-29 Springhill NS
> Undertaker: A H Brown
> Informant: Mrs Agnes Mills, sister, Springhill NS
> [collected by EMKeys 2010-03-29]
> ===========================
>
> On 03/01/2011 12:38 PM, Pitstop wrote:
>> I too have Tweedie Brown as a s/o Jamieson and Sarah..His wife Margaret
>> Armstrong White was a d/o James Armstrong and Mary Hoeg and she was born
>> in New Glasgow on 21 May 1867..She had a son Phillip Henry White, who
>> married Annie Maud Mitchell in Springhill in 1908..With Tweedie Brown
>> she had two children that I found Effie and Flora..Effie married
>> "Hachie", Flora married "Knight".. In the 1901 Census Phillip Henry
>> White is listed as Henry Brown..
>> I've never been able to get a handle on Jamieson Brown..Penny
>>
>> --- In nscumber@yahoogroups.com, redangus@... wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Gerry and other listers:
>>> Does any one know the parentage of James 'Tweedie' BROWN? I
>>> looked
>>> back to the earlier e-mails (mid Dec.) when the name Tweedie BROWN
>>> came up but that didn't help.
>>>
>>> The reason I am interested is because Gerry Hachie s/o Edmond
>>> Hachie
>>> and Effie BROWN was my uncle by marriage. He married Winnifred
>>> Regards,