Re: Obit (1966) - Hazel McDade (nee Trahey)

Gerry:

Will this help with the names?

Dave
=============
Parrsboro Record, Tuesday, June 28, 1966, pg. #3; Reel #2870, NSARM,
Halifax, N.S.
FUNERAL SERVICE FOR MRS. R.H. McDADE
The death of Mrs. Hazel McDade of 150 Riverside Drive, Toronto, occurred at
St. Michael's Hospital, Toronto, on Tuesday, June 21, 1966. She suffered a
heart attack on Thursday and was taken to hospital. Her death came as a
great shock to her family and friends. Born in Parrsboro, she was the
daughter of well-known ship builder, Jon Trahey and Mrs. Trahey. Left to
mourn her passing are her husband, Roland H. McDade, who is chairman of the
board of Marsh and McLennon Ltd, with head office in Toronto; and two
daughters, Elizabeth (Mrs. Percy A. Ingles) of Toronto and Carolyn (Mrs. J.
Douglas Fullerton) of Shelburne; seven grandchildren; and one sister, Nita
(Mrs. V.B. Fullerton) of Parrsboro. A brother passed away many years ago.
Mr. and Mrs. McDade were married in Brazil in 1925 and lived there for ten
years, during which time their two daughters were born. They moved to
England, where they lived until 1940, before returning to Canada. They moved
back to England in 1944, then to Toronto in 1946, where they have made their
home ever since. Although an invalid for 30 years, Mrs. McDade had a wide
circle of friends in both Toronto and Parrsboro. She looked forward to
coming to Parrsboro each summer and enjoyed the scenery at the cottage and
renewing acquaintances with former friends. She spent the past 20 summers in
Parrsboro, as well as many other vacations here. The funeral service was
held from Trinity United Church, Parrsboro, on Friday, June 24, 1966. The
Rev. Arnold H. Mitton conducted the service and brought a message of comfort
to the bereaved. The church choir, under the direction of the organist, Miss
Arna Mitton, led the congregation in the singing of, "Unto The Hills". The
pallbearers were: J. Douglas Fullerton of Shelburne, Wallace Fullerton of
Shubenacadie, Eric McDade of Truro, Toft Cameron of Lennoxville, Bruce
Fullerton and R. Douglas McDade of Parrsboro. Many out of town friends and
relatives attended the funeral including friends of many years, Mr. and Mrs.
William M. Date of Boca Raton, Florida. The floral tributes were many and
beautiful. In honor of her memory, there were donations to the Memorial Fund
of Trinity United Church, the Canadian Cancer Society and the Heart Fund.
Interment was in the United Church Cemetery in Parrsboro.

Source: Dave Winter, 8 Apr 2010