Fwd: [nsroots] Dotten, Rushton

A response to the email that I forwarded from the NS list.

---- Original Message ----
From: Wallace Fullerton <fullerton@...>
To: nsroots@...
Sent: Wed, Sep 22, 2010 3:30 pm
Subject: Re: [nsroots] Dotten, Rushton

Anne,

I don't know your location, nor whether an interlibrary loan can be arranged, but the Library of Congress here in Washington DC has a copy (they have at least one copy of just about everything.) Their online catalog has the following info on it:

----------

LC Control No.: 70022441
Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
Personal Name: Dutton, William Leonard, 1906-
Main Title: The Dotten (710) family in the U.S.A. and Canada (a
genealogical compilation) or The descendants of James
Dotten (1751-1831) ... and his wife Abigail (Odell); a
compilation of the vital statistics of their descendants
(and the spouses of).

Published/Created: [Noroton, Conn.] 1970.
______________________________

CALL NUMBER: CS71.D723 1970
Copy 1
-- Request in: Jefferson or Adams Building Reading Rooms

LIBRARY OF CONGRESS ONLINE CATALOG
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20540

Questions? Ask a Librarian:
http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-digital.html
--------------

Also, I googled the title and got two relevant hits. The following may be of help to you.

1. Allen Marble's "Catalogue of Published NS Genealogies" at http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/recreation/GANS/P2.pdf simply mentions the book.

2. http://www.nbgs.ca/firstfamilies/FAMILY-D-2006.pdf has the following in it.

DOTTEN: Joshua Dotten b. 9 Jun 1783 probably at NY, d. 1862, s/o James Dotten
and Abigail Odell: came to NS and settled at Wallace Bay: married (1st) c1805 Sarah
Beebe, m. (2nd) c1842 Nancy Ann Connelly b. 1803, buried 20 Dec 1892:
The following children settled in NB:
1) Sarah Dotten born 13 Sep 1806 in NS, daughter of Sarah, d. 1892: came to NB and
settled at Point de Bute, Westmorland County: she m. (1st) Capt. John Carney born in
North Ireland, lost at sea: m. (2nd) 9 Nov 1837 Ralph Dobson born 22 Feb 1816 at
Point de Bute:
2) James Stuart Dotten b. 1812 at Falmouth, NS, son of Sarah, d. 1898: came to NB
by 1837 and settled in Saint John: m. Sarah Rebecca Knowles b. 1815 in NS, d.
1893, sister of Edward Knowles of Saint John: this family moved to Brooklyn, NY
by 1865:
3) Thomas Patterson Dotten b. 26 Sep 1845 in Sackville, NB, son of Nancy, buried
18 Mar 1932 in Winchester, MA: came to NB and settled in Sackville, Westmorland
County: m. c1864 at Sackville, Sarah Jameson b. in Sackville, d. c1865: married
(2nd) 26 Sep 1865 at Sackville, Amanda Margaret Oulton b. 1842 in Scotland, d. 23
Nov 1892: m. (3rd) 9 Dec 1893 at Winchester, MA, Lavonia Taylor b. 2 Jul 1853 at
New Portland, ME:
4) Daniel Ted Dotten b. 15 Jan 1846 at Wallace, NS, son of Nancy, d. 4 Aug 1934:
came to NB: settled at Dorchester, Westmorland County: m. (1st) Dec 1866 at
Amherst, NS, Mary Elizabeth Bowser b. 1839 at Sackville, NB, d. 31 Oct 1897:
married (2nd) c1897 at Dorchester, Catherine Hayes b. - , d. c1907.
Source: MC80/502 William L. Duttons The Dotten family, pages 1-7.